quarta-feira, 12 de outubro de 2022

 D. J. ENRIGHT


Poem Translated from a Foreign Language


My mother once told me
Never to sleep with flowers in the room.
Since then I have never slept
With flowers.

I have slept with prostitutes
(But never with flowers in the room)
In general they were amiable
A few were not unhumorous
One was rather acid.

None of them smothered me.
One of them desired a silver pen
Another removed a traveller's cheque
But never my precious oxygen.

My mother never told me
Not to sleep with prostitutes in the room
She did not tell me to stay awake.
These days I sleep with pills
I sleep with daffodils in the room.


             xxxxxxxxxxxx


Poema Traduzido de uma Língua Desconhecida


Em tempos, a minha mãe disse-me
Para nunca dormir com flores no quarto.
Desde então nunca dormi 
Com flores.

Dormi com prostitutas
(Mas nunca com flores no quarto)
Geralmente eram amáveis
A umas poucas não lhes faltava humor
Uma foi bastante cáustica.

Nenhuma me asfixiou.
Uma desejou uma caneta de prata
Outra  surripiou um traveller's cheque
Mas nunca o meu precioso oxigénio-

A minha mãe nunca me disse
Para não dormir com prostitutas no quarto
Não me disse para permanecer acordado.
Nestes dias durmo com pílulas
Durmo com narcisos no quarto.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

  FRANK O'HARA PISTACHIO TREE AT CHATEAU NOIR Beaucoup de musique classique et moderne Guillaume and not as one may imagine it sounds no...