sexta-feira, 24 de junho de 2022

 J. V. CUNNINGHAM

[23]  NEW YORK: 5 MARCH 1957

Lady, of anonymous flesh an face
In the half-light, in the rising embrace
Of my losses, in the dark dress and booth,
The stripper of the gawking of my youth,
Lady, I see not, care not, what you are.
I sit with beer and bourbon at the bar.


[24]

Good Fortune, when I hailed her recently
Passed by me with the intimacy of shame
As one that in the dark had handled me
And could no longer recollect my name.


[27] HOROSCOPE

          Out of one's birth
     The magi chart his worth;     
     They mark the influence
Of hour and day, and weigh what thence

          Will come to be.
     I in their cold sky see
     Neither Venus nor Mars
It is the past that cast the stars

          That guide me now.
     In winter when the bough
     Has lost its leaves, the storm
That piled them deep will keep them warm.


                  xxxxxxxxxxxx


[23] NOVA IORQUE: 5 DE MARÇO DE 1957

Senhora, de carne anónima e face
À meia-luz, no amplexo ascendente
Das minhas perdas, no vestido escuro e cabine,
A stripper da minha juventude canhestra,
Senhora, não vejo, não cuido, o que fosses.
Sento-me com cerveja e bourbon neste bar.


[24]

A Boa Sorte, quando a saudei recentemente,
Passou por mim com a intimidade da vergonha
Como alguém que na escuridão me manipulara
E já não conseguia recordar o meu nome.


[27] HORÓSCOPO

          A partir do nascimento
     Os magos traçam a valia,    
     Assinalam a influência
De hora e dia, e avaliam o que daí

          Irá acontecer.
     Eu, no seu céu frio, não vejo
     Vénus, nem Marte;
È o passado que dispõe as estrelas

          Que agora me guiam.
     No Inverno quando o galho
     Perde as folhas, a tempestade
Que fundo as empilha, mantem-nas quentes.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

  FRANK O'HARA PISTACHIO TREE AT CHATEAU NOIR Beaucoup de musique classique et moderne Guillaume and not as one may imagine it sounds no...